Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I hate Quickbooks, pt. 1



In December '07 I was tasked with a project at work that required me to use 3rd-party software to trim six years of data for a Quickbooks Enterprise Edition file that was rapidly approaching 2GB in size. (Intuit says > 100MB is BAD. HAHAHAHA!) Over the course of this project, I came to despise Quickbooks, and voiced my frustrations via a doodle that I taped to my office wall. (DISCLAIMER: I'm sure Quickbooks Enterprise Edition is a fine product, and works really well for most folks. The place I work uses it for a function it was never really designed for, and I am sure this accounts for much of the suckage I had to deal with. Please don't sue me. I have friends that work at Intuit, really I do! They are all fine people who make a fine product.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment